Saturday, July 3, 2010

Cancerians Rock!

It's my birthday tomorrow - I'm turning 39. It's also Anne's birthday next weekend and she's turning the big Four Oh! (Hope she doesn't mind me sharing this with the world). Weird but true - we are born exactly a year and a week apart which we discovered after going into business together.

I had a mini crisis the year I turned 29 - it was a very dark year with a lot of emotional turmoil on every front - personally, professionally and within my own family. But what I realised when I emerged from that year was a very clear idea of who I was, what was important to me and what I wanted out of life. I suddenly had a sense of urgency and the realisation that I had a finite amount of time in which to go after the things that mattered the most to me.

Cut to 39 and again, it's the year before a milestone year (ie 40) and while I have a similar sense of urgency and consciousness of time passing, it's not with the same angst. What I have realised this time around is that life is too short to not go after your dreams and that it is never too late. I don't want to look back on my life and have any regrets and even if I fail, I will know that I at least had a go and gave it my best shot. To my fellow Cancerians out there - Happy Birthday!

No comments:

Post a Comment