Friday, July 2, 2010

Fashion is for Every Body

I've been reading about the voluntary industry code of conduct on body image (what a mouthful!) in the media. Anne and I will definitely adopt the code whether it remains voluntary or not - it's something I feel really strongly about.

I once pulled a model from a showing when I was PR for David Jones. I had briefly seen her at the casting fully clothed but got a real shock when I saw her modelling - she was just skin and bones. I've also had people close to me suffer from eating disorders and witnessed first hand the struggle they've had to regain both their mental and physical health. Anorexia has one of the highest mortality rates of them all.

I'm proud to say our future 'face'(and body) of Green Eyed Monster is a healthy size 12 and in her late twenties. I've also been asked by bigger girls about extra large sizes so if the demand is there, Anne and I will also look into this moving forward.

No comments:

Post a Comment