Tuesday, July 6, 2010

Mummy Dearest

It's not easy being a mother. This blog is supposed to be about fashion however there's no getting away from the fact that it's two working mothers with young kids who run Green Eyed Monster. Anne created the label after she had children because a) she loves fashion b) she wanted the flexibility to work around her lifestyle and c) like me, she's not cut out to be a full-time stay-at-home mum.

And for me tearing my hair out from boredom and frustration - staring out my kitchen window and seeking inspiration - our business has been my creative outlet and more. Something for me, something to put my heart and soul into and something that gives me a sense of identity outside of motherhood. I was joking to Anne the other day that I now feel like I have two partners (my hubby and her) and three children (Thomas, Will and Green Eyed Monster).

It has been a hard few weeks with two sick children however I think if I didn't have the business to think about as well, I would have gone insane. Instead of feeling constantly exhausted, I actually feel energised from having another sense of purpose and passion in my life. Don't get me wrong, being a mum is the single most important job I will ever do but it sure does help having another job I feel equally as passionate about.

No comments:

Post a Comment