Tuesday, December 7, 2010

Cool Melbourne


I had a magical night last night. Took my hubby out for a belated birthday celebration to see Sharon Jones & the Dap Kings play. She's a soul singer from the US and man, the show was awesome! I think it was the best concert I've ever been to!

And it was a balmy, summer night in Melbourne but I could have been anywhere in the world. We grabbed some Japanese food at the very cool Izakaya Den which is in a basement off Russell Street. It was packed full of Melbourne hipsters.

Then before the show, we managed a sneak peek from the roof top bar at Siglo before grabbing a coffee at The European downstairs. I love this city. And I did check out a lot of fashion on the street. We are still a very 'black' city. I have become accustomed to wearing colour, not only because of Green Eyed Monster, but because I find it more celebratory. And I'm definitely in the mood for celebrating now!

No comments:

Post a Comment