Thursday, December 2, 2010

The many faces of Australia


There's a great article called Absent Faces in today's Age on Asian models in the media. My background is Chinese Australian (second generation on my mum's side) and Anne's is Sri Lankan and everywhere you go in Melbourne, you see our fantastic multicultural city - something I'm really proud of.

It's not so the case in the world of advertising and PR and even working behind the scenes in the industry as I did for many years, I'd often only be working with Anglo Saxon Aussies. When I eventually moved into the corporate world I actually found it really refreshing as it more closely represented our diverse society working with Australians of European, Asian, Indian and Middle Eastern heritage.

I said the other day that fashion is for everyone and that also means no matter what sex, race, religion or cultural background as well.

No comments:

Post a Comment