Tuesday, October 12, 2010

Let's start at the very beginning...

Green Eyed Monster's vision is to be a leading socially and environmentally responsible fashion label designed and manufactured in Australia.

This blog is all about the journey behind the scenes of our start up label and while we're not claiming to be the experts on sustainable fashion, we are one of the few brands giving it a go. From here on in, I am going to share our tips with you as a fledgling label and let you know from our experience what works and what doesn't.

I also want to share with you some of my past career experience. I have a B.A. in Public Relations from RMIT and have spent over 15 years working in marketing communications both as a consultant and in-house in industries including fashion, beauty, retail, food & wine, utilities and media communications. My desire to work for a values-based company also began a long time ago in my second job as PR for global environmental beauty company Aveda.

My first tip of the day: A good media release will include the 5 W's and one H - who, what, where, when, how & why. Start with answering these questions when writing your release.

No comments:

Post a Comment